Bachelor's Thesis Guidelines for International Business
- TAMK Bachelor's Thesis Instructions
- The IB Bachelor's Thesis Process
- International Business Thesis Co-ordinator 2018 - 2019
- TAMK Graduation Dates & Deadlines 2018 - 2019
All TAMK students follow the same Bachelor Thesis Instructions at TAMK:
- The thesis process begins with the compulsory course: 3B00CX33 Final Thesis Practicalities and Research Methods (2 cr). It should be taken already during the spring term of the second year of studies. This course must be completed before starting the thesis writing process.
- Find yourself a topic and a commissioner. Discuss the goals and purpose of the thesis with the commissioner.
- Write a topic analysis which will later be extended to a thesis research plan. Already at this stage you should be able to give a clear description of your thesis to the IB Thesis Co-ordinator for assigning you a suitable coach for your thesis topic.
- Present/send the topic analysis to the IB Thesis Co-ordinator. After the IB Co-ordinator has approved your thesis topic, he will assign an IB instructor to act as your Thesis Coach.
- Contact your Thesis Coach and have his/her approval for your topic analysis.
- Make the thesis contract with your commissioner. <-- Link to the contracts and permissions.
- When you start the actual final thesis process first enrol to course 3B00CN07 Research Plan (3 cr).
- Write a thesis research plan after your first conversations with your Thesis Coach, and have it approved by him/her. After the approval you will be credited 3 cr.
- Enrol to course 3B00CX35-3001 Bachelor's Thesis Final Report (10 cr).
- Write your thesis. Discuss and ask actively supervision from your coach.
- After completing the thesis, you will take the Comprehensive Competence Exam (CCE), also called Maturity Exam/Test, to prove your maturity in the thesis topic as well as showing your communication skills and fluency in your mother tongue (Finnish degree students having Finnish as a mother tongue write the CCE in Finnish, and all the other international degree students in English).
- Send the final version of your thesis to the URKUND plagiarism detection tool. For this you must contact your Thesis Coach and get a special e-mail address from your Thesis Coach.
- After a permission from your Thesis Coach, and after you have done the final corrections to your thesis, you need to submit it to the Theseus database and publish it. More instructions from your Thesis Coach and from TAMK Library.
- If you are ready to graduate after completing your thesis, you can find instructions for graduating students in TAMK Study Guide:
International Business Thesis Co-ordinator 2018 - 2019:
Instructor of the 3B00CX33 Final Thesis Practicalities and Research Methods course 2018 - 2019:
Ms. Sari Matala (Note: During Sari's absence in winter 2019 Mr. Tuomo Soini is the responsible instructor of this course.)
TAMK TIMETABLE FOR PLANNING YOUR GRADUATION, Autumn 2018 and Spring 2019
|Return the thesis to the Thesis Coach latest by||Set the date for the Maturity Exam by||Fill in Electronic Graduation Application latest by|| Your intended Date of |
|16.11.2018||23.11.2018||4.12.2018 (latest at noon!)||20.12.2018 (there is a TAMK graduation seremony on Dec 20, 2018)|
|26.11.2018||3.12.2018||14.12.2018||31.12.2018 (delivery of degree certificates earliest in the middle of Jan 2019)|
|24.4.2019||29.4.2019||9.5.2019||31.5.2019 (opens up the possibility to participate in TAMK graduation ceremony in June 2019)|
Ohjeet ja liitteet
- Tiedotteen kirjoittamisohje kypsyysnäyteinstruktioon (voimassa 1/2018 alkaen)
- Artikkeliluonnoksen kirjoittamisohje kypsyysnäyteinstruktioon (voimassa 1/2018 alkaen)
Sopimukset ja ehdot
Pasi Kuusijärvi, firstname.lastname@example.org